Thursday, November 29, 2007

On random people

Today in the store I turned down an isle and stopped dead in my tracks. The man trying to pick a coffee moved and for a moment my jaw dropped, literally. (That was a strange feeling.) The man's back was towards me, but as he moved I could have sworn he was someone I used to know. After a two-step in the isle, I ducked and finished my way down the isle and through the store.

I used to have the "that looks like someone I know" feeling a lot when I first went to college. I grew up in a small town and wasn't used to seeing familiar looking strangers. That feeling hasn't happened as much lately until today.

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

hahaha! that is too funny! maybe another life!?...ya know, a couple weeks ago I was in the grocery and I could have SWORN someone we knew in college was behind me....but I couldn't remember his name (and I don't think it was him now) but it bugged me for days until the name popped into my head "Casey" and he lived in Foxwood...do you remember him? (def can't remember the last name) hahahah! love it! and honestly how FREAKED out would we be if we saw someone from say, highschool in Georgia, (or Oregon!) CRAZY SMALL WORLD!