Friday, November 23, 2007

On food

This weekend has been yummy--and there is more good food in the works. Yesterday's Thanksgiving feast with Clint's family included turkey, cornbread dressing, sweet potato souffle with lots of pecan topping, mashed poatoes, and more good stuff that I can't remember. We had sweet potato cheesecake and chocolate peanut butter pie for dessert.

Clint and I are spending the rest of the weekend in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We ate lunch today at Acropolis, a Greek place in town that Clint found out about online. The sandwiches all come with soups, so I had cream of potato soup and Clint got the lemon chicken. Maybe it was just because I was cold, but the soup was amazing and hit the spot. Acropolis is apparently famous for its desserts, so we couldn't end without a piece of cake. The chocolate-lover's cake was a beautiful thing. I wish I had taken a picture. You'll have to take my word for it.

On a side note, happy 28th anniversary to my parents! We love you.

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

ummmm sounds delicious! i used to not really be a fan of chocolate cake...but when I got prego with zach all I wanted was chocolate cake (and pepsi)... (WEIRD)...but not just betty crocker chocolate cake, I still don't like that, but the REAL kind of gormet, yummy, fudge/ganache filled kind...OH MY! in fact, I still gravitate towards that on the menu...even passing up my old favorites! my mouth is watering!