Sunday, November 18, 2007

On books

We have a lot of books. I guess that's what happens when a literature major marries a history major. Add to that one person who prefers to buy books than to check them out from the library, and it adds up.

I've been slow to unpack our boxes of books since the move. It took us a while to figure us where to put the bookshelves. And then we had to fix the bookshelf that took the move hard. And now I'm stuck. Part of me just wants to unload the boxes and put the books on the shelves. But the librarian part of me wants to organize the books. I'm tempted to sign up with LibraryThing and catalog all our books. But that's a lot of work and will take a lot of time. I could always go back and catalog the books later, "when I have more time" but I don't know when that will happen. Maybe I'll flip a coin to make the decision....

2 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

is this a picture of YOUR library? I LOVE the color coding! So cool! you guys are SO awesome! I say catalogue...with your background I don't think you'll ever regret it! Its finding the time...although...everyone keeps telling me life only gets busier and busier.... :)

Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

I wish it was our library. That would mean it is already out of the boxes. :) It is just a pretty picture I found online.

I may still catalog. But that would mean one more year without home-made custom Christmas stockings. Tough choices, huh?