Monday, November 30, 2009

"What a difference a week makes"

Clint's quote when he came down the stairs today to find me in the middle of decorating for Christmas, with carols going full blast on the stereo. And I admit it: I'm not anti-Christmas (although I have gone through years where I am less favorable towards Christmas music) just anti-Christmas-too-early. I can't decide if it is about control (I don't want to be forced to listen to Christmas music before I'm ready) or if it is the must-follow-rules part of me that can't stand to see rules broken (no Christmas before Thanksgiving!). If the second is the case, it would explain why I identify with Agent Peter Burke on the new USA program White Collar. (Have you seen it yet? Clint and I are fans.) Part of me believes in following rules, and it strains my brain when people don't follow rules and end up with what appears to be better than I have.

Our halls are decked, inside and out. I'll have to post pictures soon ...

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

this is the time of the month (the last day) when i plead....

PLEASE don't go away sarah!!

xoxo