Friday, November 13, 2009

Four-and-a-half

I didn't even realize until this evening at 7:30 that today marks four-and-a-half years of marriage for us--on a Friday the 13th to boot! On the way home from dinner (and dessert!), we reminisced again about our early years. I remembered the first time Clint held my hand. It was a Sunday afternoon in June, and we had made dinner (and dessert! Key Lime Cheesecake ... yum ... ) at Clint's apartment and then gone for a drive, exploring the area around Athens. I was sitting with my hand on the side of the seat when Clint reached over and took my hand. A bold move--one even more surprising now when I know Clint so much better--and one unexpected by both of us. It kind of took me back. I remember trying to think through what had just happened. Had I said something or done something to prompt this development? Back in my dorm room after the drive, I talked with my friend Amy, who talked me down from my over-thinking state, ready to jump to conclusions about who liked who more and whether or not this could really work, especially considering I was leaving town in just over a week, and ... and ... and ...

And then, without me even knowing it was happening, I fell in love. And we had our Happily Ever Beginning May 13, 2005 (Friday the 13th!). And here we are, four-and-a-half years later. I'm so grateful for my husband, for our love story, and for our beautiful life.

Happy four-and-a-half-year-versary, love.

2 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

sooooooo sweet sarah!

(ps...I love that Amy "talked you down") she's good for that right!?

Amy said...

That is so crazy. Derek and I were just reminiscing tonight about coming to Atlanta for your wedding! Congrats on marrying a great guy! You deserve it!