Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Survey: Surveys

Do you do those surveys that are more and more often appearing at the bottom of sales receipts? Or are you more likely to complete them when you get something small (free appetizer at your next visit, $5 off your next purchase) or are you more likely to fill them out when there is the chance of a big pay out (win $5000!).

My confession? I'll do them for either something small or the gamble of a big payout. Partly because I feel good when I do them (odd, I know) and partly because it is the only way I gamble (and if I don't enter, I would never even have the chance to win, right?).

Confession: as a child and adolescent, I use to regularly fill out and mail in the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes. My justification was that I was financially supporting the United States Postal Service. Of course, we never won. Actually, I usually don't win anything I put my name in for, and if I do win, I get the prize I don't want. Clint and I were about to leave an office party once when they announced they were going to do door prizes. I made Clint stay just a few more minutes to see if we won, and we did. We won the martini shaker, two martini glasses, a nice wine bottle bag and martini syrup and salt. Just my luck.

3 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

i love this post!

i relate to the winning dumb things
(although, once i DID win a bike when I was 14 or so...pretty cool)

I never fill out those surveys unless it's something IMMEDIATELY tangible, like 20% my next purchase or whatever. Once I got a free Route 44 for doing one at Sonic...that was probably my favorite. you know i do love Sonic! :)

Charlotta-love said...

I only do those if there is a gift like $5 off your next purchase. Speaking of winning things, my coworker won a large screen tv last year at the Christmas party. What did I win?

A self spinning toilet bowl cleaner.

I couldn't be more serious. And who knew they even made things like that!!

Unknown said...

That's so funny! Of course that is what you'd get.