The Gwinnett Daily Post had an interesting article last week. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources has teamed up with the state's public libraries to make park passes available to check out by library card holders. In Gwinnett, each branch has two passes that you can check out like a book for a week at a time to use to visit state parks for free. I don't know how popular the program is going to be, but it may be worth exploring.
For non-Georgia readers ... if this sounds like something you would like, I encourage you to ask your local public library if they have any similar programs. For being a librarian, I don't have a lot of public library experience, but I do know librarians share good ideas ...
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No Way!!! That's awesome! I am definitely going to be looking into that. Thanks for sharing Sarah! We ought to check one out together sometime...
(Sorry. That was KRISTA commenting.. I'm at my mom's and apparently, she's signed in and I'm too lazy to sign out and sign back in as myself.)
Post a Comment