Monday, June 9, 2008

Dinner suggestions?

I am taking dinner to one of the sisters I visit teach this week, but I am stumped as to what to take. I've been in a "try new recipes" kick lately and that, on top of the fact that I lost my old collection of recipes when the hard drive crashed, is making it hard for me to decide what to take. So, dear friends and readers, are there any dishes that you recommend for situations such as this? Any dishes that you would love someone to bring over if you had just had surgery?


Photo via CreativeCommons. Looks good, huh? I need to find that recipe ...

3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

This is one of my favorite dishes:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/chicken_spaghet/

Missy said...

Oh Sarah, I'm totally with you on this. How ironic b/c I just took dinner tonight to a family in our ward. I took chicken legs, potato salad, rolls, watermelon and carrot sticks. But, I had a hard time deciding.

I think lasagna is always a pretty good choice.

Mama Mia said...

I almost always use a speedy chicken parmigiana (cheat style) recipe. Get some frozen breaded chicken breasts (when there are little kids, I use nuggets), and fry them up on both sides. Meanwhile, using a Ragu spaghetti sauce (I like Chunky Garden Combination), put enough to cover a baking dish (size dependent on the family you are providing the meal for), add the breaded chicken, top with more sauce and sprinkle on mozzarella cheese. It's as easy as that. I usually use a disposable pan, add salad, fresh veggies, and rolls. Charlotte's recipe is a good one too, plus both freeze up well and can be made ahead of time.