Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dinner decision: chicken pillows

Thanks to Missy and Charlottalove for their dinner sympathies and comments. I am very intrigued by the Chicken Spaghetti recipe Charlottalove recommended; I think I'll have to try that one out soon.

In the end, I went with something simple that I haven't made in a while. My cousin Tordorojo introduced me to this recipe when we were both at BYU. I usually tweak the recipe just a bit when I make it, adding frozen chopped broccoli and a bit of shredded sharp cheddar and skipping the gravy part. (I'm just not a gravy person ...) And last time I skipped the butter-then-breadcrumbs part and just did the breadcrumbs. It seemed to work just fine.

Chicken Pillows

1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
¼ c butter, softened
1/8 tsp pepper
2 c cooked chicken, chopped
1 small can mushrooms, chopped
1 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
Stuffing crumbs
2 chicken gravy packets
Mix the cream cheese, butter and pepper. Carefully fold in the mushrooms and chicken. Form the pillows by separating the rolls, flatten them a little, and rap them around about ¼ c filling. Dip in butter and crumbs. Put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes at 375°. Start gravy
about 5 minutes before you want to serve it.

2 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Hey Sarah - I have a very similar recipe that we make fairly often. It calls for green onions instead of mushrooms. Even my kids like it. (Until Dallin started boycotting dinner in general, that is.)

Mama Mia said...

I used to make something very similar to this, and instead of gravy, used Cream of Chicken blended with 1/2 a can of milk.