I am really enjoying the Year of Crock Potting blog. This afternoon, on a whim, I tried the creamed corn in the crock pot recipe I found there, since it 1.) looked good, 2.) looked easy, and 3.) I had all of the ingredients. I don't usually like creamed corn, but Clint is a fan of creamed vegetables, so I thought it might be a nice treat for him. It took just a few minutes to make the roux and throw the ingredients in the crock pot. Then I went back to the other room to finish my work for the day. A few hours later, I started to wonder why I was smelling brownies. Turns out the sugar in the corn smells sort of like baked goods. We ate the corn tonight with tacos. I should have put some salt in with the corn, but besides that easily remedied problem, they were delicious.
By the way, did I mention I tried the candied walnut recipe with pecans? We're going to use them on our salads this week.
I'm starting to wonder if it is possible to buy another bowl for my crock pot. It would sure make it easier to keep up with all of these crock pot recipes I am trying ...
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cool Sarah! I love the menu at the bottom! Also, can I please come to your house for dinner!? Thanks.
oh yeah, when I was in Heber, I became friends with the girl who wrote the book "101 things to do with your slowcooker". she would always have us to dinner (crockpot dinner of course) and I NEVER ceased to be amazed at the things she would make in her crockpot! CRAZY! Ok, the the thing I was going to say, is that she had these crockpot liners (they actually make and sell them at the grocery) so that your crockpot doesn't get dirty each time, you just take the liner out. Also, she had about 15 (or 50?) crockpots...that helped too. Another crazy thing is how many different SIZED crockpots there are! (even little mini ones!)
Post a Comment