Clint's Mom recommended the television show Bones on Fox. We've caught a few episodes. I'm a bit mixed on the whole thing.
I like the solve-the-puzzle nature of the show. (Probably the reason we watch so many crime-dramas). I like the science vs. religion / thought vs. feeling aspect of the show, too. I'm a sucker for shows that act out some of the questions and discussion of philosophy.
But, I'm disappointed with the shows quest for the sex factor with things like the sexual tension between Bones and Booth, the all-over-each-other-get-a-room-kissy-face of Angela Montenegro and Dr. Jack Hodgins, and the liberal dose of c-l-e-a-v-a-g-e. Call me old fashioned, but I could do with less sex factor and more problem solving.
Bones will not be added to our catch-all-episodes list on the DVR, although that is partly because new episodes show at the same time as NCIS. We'll follow the show when we can and watch something else when we can't.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Never seen the show...but I'll take your word for it! I think I might watch TV if I had a DVR...handy things I am sure!
do you watch grey's anatomy? best show ever! i'm am so addicted to it! you can jump right in too, i jumped in midway through 3rd season. love it! my husband's addicted too. he doesn't even go to night basketball thursdays, so he can watch it. check it out! :)
Haven't seen Grey's Anatomy. Maybe we'll have to check it out....
Have you seen Pushing Daisies? It's quirky and different. It's one my favorites, but they haven't had any new episodes for a while due to the writer's guild strike.
catch the reruns to get up to speed on it. everyone i know, young and old, we're all hooked.
I haven't watched Bones. Of course, I watch about .02 minutes of tv these days. When I do have a spare minute, it's The Office reruns. Love that show!
Yeah, Bones came across as somewhat pretentious and forced-sexy in my opinion.
I love that you guys love NCIS! My parents swapped me seasons 1-3 when I let them borrow Lost seasons 1-3. Great show!
From your description of what you do like about mystery shows, I highly suggest Numbers, House & Torchwood.
Post a Comment