We love the house. I love that it is feeling more and more like home.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Catching up--House edition
Please forgive the lack of blog posts the past
month. Clint and I had a warm and safe holiday season. We traveled to the Outer Banks with his parents and then hosted the Ricker New Year celebration. I am loving the house more and more. Partly because it was just about perfect for hosting New Years. Private space for everyone and a kitchen that could hold several adults working on food at the same time. Partly because having everyone over was a good reason to finish putting things together and away. A few examples in pictures. The front room is now all cleared of the random stuff that had been stored there. Clint and I bought a bookcase at Ikea (love the bookcase, love Ikea) that we got put up and populated before folks arrived.
In the dining room, we found a light we liked (again, thank you Ikea) and got that put up before the family came. With the new floor and the light, we decided to move the table into the dining room. It was a great space for the ladies' craft time. I started and finished the blue table runner you can see in the picture (without any unpicking--a major accomplishment for me.)
In the kitchen, we found some stools for the counter (I just can't seem to find the picture of the stools right now.) When we went to pick up the stools, we found this table on clearance at the same place. It is a really nice table--heavy and solid. You can see the leaning bookcase we got (again, Ikea) for the cookbooks. I'm such a fan, I'm planning on getting another one for the other side of the windows. Rationalization--we got four cookbooks for Christmas this year. I *need* a place for all our cookbooks, right?
We love the house. I love that it is feeling more and more like home.
We love the house. I love that it is feeling more and more like home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ohhhh, I love the house too! Everything looks beautiful! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday with family! I think it is so great that you could host everyone! I also love the christmas card display...so festive!
Hooray for Ikea! Isn't that the greatest store? Your house looks great and I'm glad you had a fun holiday with family.
Post a Comment