Saturday, June 27, 2009

(Almost) Home Again

You probably can't quite see the Mendenhall Glacier in this picture,
but it's there, between the two dark mountains at the center of the
picture. We're home, or almost so, from our quick trip to Haines,
Whitehorse, and Skagway. The trip was lovely, with great views, rich
history, good food, and small town charm. I'm a sort of hit-and-miss
photographer, but I'll try and post highlights this week.

Tonight, my mom, sister, husband, and I are taking part in the Only
Fools Run at Midnight, a local race celebrating the longest days of
the year and benefiting a local charity that supports disabled
adults.. We're all doing the one mile walk, but I have to confess, my
main motivation is to get the race long-sleve tee shirt, which also
celebrates Alaska's fiftieth anniversary as a state, taking place all
this year. Happy Birthday, Alaska-as-a-state!

No comments: