Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An evening with Andrew Young

Last night Clint and I attended the premiere of How We Got Over, a new documentary about the Civil Rights movement using footage from the Civil Rights Digital Library. After the documentary, Ambassador Young answered a few questions from the audience and then stayed around to shake hands. We had a pleasant evening and enjoyed the documentary. It is exciting to see the project I've worked on for the last three years being used and discussed by people around the country and around the world.

The Athens Banner Herald includes an article based on an interview with Ambassador Young before the screening, available here.

Currently the documentary is not available publicly, but when that changes, I'll be sure to post the information.

2 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

Sarah, how cool, how rewarding, to see the fruits of your labors like that!

I really do hope the documentary becomes available soon!

You are just so very awesome!

Jennifer Ricker said...

wow - nice.