Friday, March 27, 2009

An event in Athens

For those of you in the Athens area, Monday night Civil Rights leader, former mayor of Atlanta, and former ambassador Andrew Young will be on campus to present the full length version of his new documentary How We Got Over. Here are the details:
The Walter J. Brown Media Archives & Peabody Awards Collection at the University of Georgia Libraries will host Ambassador Andrew Young as he presents the premiere of his new feature-length civil rights documentary, How We Got Over, at 7 p.m. on Monday, March 30.

The event, in Room 102 of the Miller Learning Center, is free and open to the general public, as well as UGA students, faculty and staff.
Much of the footage from How We Got Over is taken from the Civil Rights Digital Library, the project I have been working on for the last three years. A shortened version of the documentary has been shown twice on WSB-TV in Atlanta. I have recorded it, but have to admit that I have not watched it in its entirety yet. Clint and I are planning on

For those of you interested who may be outside of Athens, all of the Andrew Young material in the Civil Rights Digital Library may be found here in the Civil Rights Digital Library. One of my favorite clips with Ambassador Young is this one from 1971.

No comments: