I'm not the kind of person who quotes movie lines. Partly because I don't have that kind of memory, partly because there are few movies I watch more than once or twice. The only exception I can think of is While You Were Sleeping--and with that, I have to admit I regularly think "Two, please; Four, please" when I am on elevators. But even that is a pretty simple movie quote. Like I said, I just don't have the gift.
I have been known to repeat lines from commercials more often than movie lines. Last night, I realized my all time favorite is from this commercial:
My favorite line: "I'm too excited to sleep!"
Thinking about this last night, I asked Clint his favorite-commercial-line-to-repeat. His response: "Two words. Blue Berry." Unfortunately, I couldn't find a clip of the Eggo commercial which has inspired many blueberry purchases at our house.
And now for audience participation. What's your most repeated commercial or movie line?
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm with you Sarah...I leave the masterful movie quoting to my brothers (who are genetically talented that way I think)!
Wish I could think of one to share...
Hmmm. That's a tough one to call. We are INSANELY annoying movie quoters over here and the one used most often right now? Probably a Nacho Libre quote (where the majority of our movie quotes come from, unfortunately) where he says "Hey Chancho... I need to borrow some sweeeaatttss" or I'm going to go change into some "Streeeetchy paaaants". Stretchy pants are just where it's at these days!
chris ricker loves to say that same thing - "two words...blue berry". I love while you were sleeping!! i love the part where the kid is throwing papers and falls over - i peed in my pants when i saw that in the theater!! my FAVORITE movie quote is from sense and sensibility "does she care for olives?". i love that movie and i LOVE me some olives!!
Post a Comment