He's not a newborn anymore, by any account. He hasn't really seemed like one for a few weeks, except in small moments when he is asleep, his head thrown back and legs curled up when I pick him up from the crib. I've asked him several times to stay little for a little while longer, but he just smiles at me, obviously in love but unable to oblige.
Last week, I had to pull out the six-to-nine month clothes, and it broke my heart just a little that there was no "3" in his size just as he reached three months. It seems unfair that I can't remember every moment of his little-ness, between the sleep deprivation of those short weeks and how quickly they flew by.
He seems almost ready to roll over, making it to his left side easily on a regular basis. I imagine he'll be quite surprised and maybe a little dismayed when he doesn't stop himself with his outstretched arms and legs.

3 comments:
Hold on just a bit, baby. Wait until you come to Grandma's to learn to roll over. You'll have a bigger audience to clap and cheer for you.
Funny how in reading this, Miss Sarah, I remember feeling the same way about you!
I can't believe how big he is and I haven't gotten to meet him yet. Man time flies. He is so cute!!
sarah, is so just so perfect and sweet.
i love this post.
i gotta find a way to see that little guy of yours!
Post a Comment