Henry is one month old this week. He's growing like a weed--he's already 3 pounds more than he weighed when he was born and he's an inch taller, too. I think he's about to outgrow several of the 0 to 3 month sleepers, although the onesies still fit just fine. Which is good, sinceh still hasn't worn them all at least once.
I feel as if I can see the edge of the new Normal, although we're not quite there yet. I've ventured out to run errands on my own with mixed success. We've made it to most of our appointments on time, but I'm still hesitant to commit to anything before noon. We're still figuring out the sleeping and feeding things, although we hav the basics down. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be doing with him when he's not eating or sleeing, and I wory that I should be doing more, although I'm not sure what that would be. Clint's been amazing and is a great dad; it's sweet to watch the boys interact. Mostly, I still find myself looking at Henry, amazed that he's here, perfect, and ours.
Henry and Big Bear, made by my mom when I was a baby. I'm planning on doing comparison shots for the next few months with these two.

We introduced the pacifier last week. Henry likes it well enough, but he can't seem to keep it in his mouth for very long. He came up with this solution all by himself.


2 comments:
He is so perfect. I remember not knowing what to do when Harlie didn't need something at that age. I eventually learned to read her books, sing her songs, narrate everything I did, give her massages, and gently exercise her arms and legs. Henry will soon become much more interactive and soon be easier to entertain. However he looks very happy so you must be doing a wonderful job of being his mommy.
Welcome to mommy guilt...It goes something like, "Am I doing enough with my child? Did I play with him enough today? Did I talk to him enough today...." I think as long as they felt loved today, that's what's most important! And if all else fails...read them a book! And now I'll get off my soap box. I know that you are a great mother!! Love you!
Post a Comment