Tuesday, February 15, 2011

37 weeks and updates

I don't have a picture ready today, but I feel bigger than I did at 32 weeks. Clint doesn't believe I'll make it to March before the baby's born, but I'm telling myself that I could go to 42 weeks, so that I'm not disappointed if our (still nameless) boy doesn't come before his due date. I've started to slow down the last few weeks, and I'm feeling more ready for his debut, whenever that is.

I do still need to pack bags for the hospital. Been-there-done-that moms--any must haves you recommend packing?

I had a wonderful baby shower earlier this month and enjoyed celebrating our boy with friends and family. As of tonight, I'm caught up on all thank you notes from the shower and other gifts. (Whew!) Hopefully I can stay on top of thank you notes in the upcoming weeks.

On a not-baby note, did you know you can make pesto with spinach? I tried it tonight and found it quite successful. Unfortunately, my attempt to make no bake cookies today was much less successful--for some reason, they ended up really dry and crumbly. The silver lining is that I get to try the recipe again this week or next to try and figure out what I did wrong today. Chocolate ... yum ....

3 comments:

lillie said...

No bakes are really hard cookies to make cause so many things come into play if they will turn out. The humidity, how long you boil it, or how much oats you add. It's alway a guessing game when I make them! Good luck

Miss Sarah in Georgia said...

Lillie--that makes me feel so much better! I probably played around with too many variables when I made the recipe yesterday. I halved the recipe, used dark chocolate instead of the regular kind and didn't half that, and I just guestimated on the oats. With your advice, I'll be more scientific next time. Thanks!

Missy said...

chapstick, socks, COMFORTABLE (non-restricting) clothes to go home in. a little bit of a makeup because you inevitably take your first family photo as three...

I am having a brain freeze on what else, but I know those things:)