Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowed in, 32 weeks, and catching up

It snowed Sunday night, maybe more than I've ever seen in Georgia--I think we have between four or five inches in our back yard. It all came down in about three hours in big, fluffy, beautiful flakes. Clint's work was cancelled Monday and Tuesday, and schools in our county are still closed through tomorrow. Yesterday, we walked to Walgreens to pick up some milk and enjoy some time outside in the snow. But I have to admit, I've become spoiled by the one-or-two day nature of snow in Georgia, and I'm looking forward to the thaw that is expected for this weekend.

Yesterday was the 32-week mark for my pregnancy. The picture below is from Clint's birthday, when I was 27-weeks along. I'm obviously bigger than that now. Clint seems to be afraid I'm going to pop, but I'm still enjoying the pregnancy enough that I'm willing to wait a few more weeks. Baby boy--still working on a short list of names--is an active fellow; I think we experienced his first hiccups last night.



We had lovely holidays--a Thanksgiving trip seeing East Coast friends, Washington D.C., and Pennsylvania (twice, since we had to go back and rescue our broken-down car); quiet Christmas and New Year celebrations with just the two of us (hard to believe it's the last time ...); and a weekend with Clint's family. But the highlights don't capture all of the sweet memories--catching up and laughing with dear friends; singing Christmas carols (as many and as much as we could remember) in the dark on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner; reading to the baby from his Christmas book and then making pancakes for breakfast; video chatting with my family and showing off the baby bump; watching Friday Night Lights together in marathon sessions; the excitement that midnight on New Year's Eve meant we are having a baby THIS YEAR!!!; and playing and snuggling with nephews and nieces.

4 comments:

Grandma Cantrell said...

Sarah, you are looking so good!

Nicole said...

you look beautiful!

lillie said...

You're belly looks so cute!! Can't believe he is almost here

The Hall's said...

You look wonderful, Sarah! I can't believe you're 32 weeks already. It seems the time has gone fast...to me! I'm sure you may feel differently being the one who is feeling the discomfort that comes with pregnancy!

I thought about you when I heard about the snow in GA. Glad you got a little winter wonderland that will melt away in a few days. There are perks to living in the south!