Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pixies, gnomes, and missing things

I think our house has a gnome or a pixie. I'm not sure of the correct term (which I should probably figure out before I upset it ...) but it moved in sometime last week. We have been loosing things that shouldn't be lost but cannot be found. Yesterday, I opened a new bed frame as part of getting ready for a family visit. I could have sworn the casters fell out into a laundry basket I had near by. But I have been through that laundry basket several times and they are not there. I've also been through a bag of trash and a bag of cardboard to recycle and it is not there, either. This morning, we lost the dust pan somewhere in the garage. Really shouldn't be that hard to find--there aren't that many places to hide--but it has disappeared. And a few weeks ago my crochet hook vanished. Not cool since I'm trying to finish a baby blanket for a friend. October seems far away now, but this blanket is going to take a while. And those are just the things I know are missing!

So, any ideas on how I can get the pixie to return our missing things? Especially without upsetting it?

No comments: