Friday, December 5, 2008

Do you ever ....

Do you ever have one of those mornings when you wake up with a song in your head that won't go away? For me, often that song is random-- something I haven't thought of for a while. The song for today is The Alaska State Song. Random, huh? I don't think I've had a reason to sing that song, or heard it sung, since I was in school. The song repeats a musical phrase several times, which makes of hard for me to always remember all the words.

I went through a phase earlier in my time working for the Civil Rights Digital Library when one of the songs from the videos was my morning songs. The song was "Woke up this morning with my mind on freedom,"
which has a refrain of "Oh, freedom!" A bit odd, but it happened so often that any time I have a morning song in my head, the next song "Woke up this morning with my mind on freedom."

(I feel like I've talked about this before, but I can't remember when...sorry if this seems like a repeat to you.)

(I just remembered a helpful tip to get random songs out of your head-- do math problems. It works! Give it a try sometime.)

2 comments:

Cichelli said...

Remember how you posted a comment on my blog when I was going private? You dork, how long have you been stalking me? And why didn't I know you had a blog? I've been reading past posts on your blog for like an hour catching up on your life. Glad to see that all is well.

Nicole said...

oh no problem about being in vegas, just so you know... if you ever happen to be driving through again, you are MORE than welcome to stop by, have dinner, whatever :)