Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A new color in the family room

When Katie was here she helped us pick out a new color for the family room. I finally got around to painting it. I'm really happy with the way it has turned out. The second picture shows more of the true color of the room. We still haven't put anything back on the walls, but that should happen soon.

The color is Lowe's Antique Moss. I especially love it with the bright white of the trim and fire place (which probably took the most time to paint!)

I still need to sew some pillow covers to bring some more color into the room. And I am planning on putting the slip covers back on the couch, although I am waiting until this weekend when we are hosting a dinner group from church.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Wow!! Looks fantastic Rickers, great job!! I know though, trim?!? Over-rated. But not really, it does make a huge difference! Love the color, it was just white-ish before? I can't remember now. The green is GORGEOUS! Congratulations on picking wonderful colors to paint your house in. LOVE it.

Charlotta-love said...

Ohhh, Ahhh...Love it! Sarah, you have always impressed me with your decorating skills. Remember the grid painting in the office? Loved it.

Brandy said...

That looks good!Can't wait to see it in person :-)

thepainterfamily said...

ohhhh! this looks amazing! good job guys!

Adam said...

i like it 2

Missy said...

LOVE the new color Sarah. Love painting and changing things up even if I am usually shocked when it first goes on (in my house). You are great at choosing colors!

Could you send me your address?
missyheid at gmail dot com