Sunday, August 17, 2008

#100

One hundred things about Clint and Sarah for our one hundredth post:

1. I am the oldest child of three.
2. Clint is the youngest child of three.
3. We were married on Friday the 13th.
4. Clint is 50 weeks older than I am.
5. Our first date was an evening of brownies, touring the campus of the University of Georgia, and watching fireflies.
6. My favorite breakfast food is a peanut butter and honey sandwich.
7. I go through phases with favorite colors. Lately my favorite color has been brown.
8. Growing up, my favorite season was summer.
9. When I was an undergrad at BYU, my favorite season was spring.
10. Now that I live in the South, my favorite season is fall.
11. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays.
12. My favorite Thanksgiving food is turkey-stuffing-gravy-potatoes, mixed together.
13. I started wearing glasses in 4th grade.
14. I started wearing contacts in 8th grade.
15. My favorite brownie recipe is the One-Bowl Brownie recipe from the box of Bakers Unsweetened Baking Chocolate.
16. I was a Scottish Dancer growing up.
17. For a few years, I was a member of the Scottish Dance Teachers' Aliance.
18. In high school, I had my own class of dancers.
19. I had a business license to teach my dance class.
20. My sister and I danced in a competition in Scotland.
21. We didn't win anything.
22. I took the test to be a Scottish Dance teacher the morning of my Junior Prom.
23. My brother and I competed on the state level in the Geography Bee when I was in 7th grade and he was in 5th.
24. I represented my elementary school in the city-wide competition of Battle of the Books in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades.
25. I was baptized on my 8th birthday.
26. That night, we saw Northern Lights.
27. I also saw Northern Lights at midnight on New Year's Eve when I was out with my friend Maressa. It was a great start to 2002.
28. When the Winter Olympics were in Salt Lake, I watched the torch relay come through Provo. A fake runner came down the street in long-johns. I got a picture of the fake runner but not the real torch.
29. I have had an email address since I was in 8th grade.
30. When I was on a study abroad in Mexico in 2002 my friends made me watch the Brittany Spears movie. I can't remember what it was called in English, but in Spanish it was titled "Amigas para siempre."
31. I took 3 years of Spanish classes in High School and 7 semesters of Spanish in college.
32. I majored in literature at BYU.
33. Clint majored in history at UGA.
34. I have a master's degree in library science from the University of South Carolina.
35. I chose to go to South Carolina for graduate school over Oklahoma because I thought South Carolina sounded "wild and exotic."
36. When I left Juneau for South Carolina in August 2003 it was 58 degrees and raining in Juneau.
37. When I arrived in South Carolina the next day, it was so hot and humid that I felt like I couldn't breath.
38. I'm still not a fan of hot, humid weather.
39. My first car was a mission car my dad helped me find.
40. Someone from my hometown served his mission in South Carolina and thinks he drove that car at one point.
41. I got my drivers permit on my 14th birthday.
42. I got my drivers license on my 16th birthday.
43. My favorite berries are raspberries.
44. I miss living near the ocean.
45. I'm grateful for the chance to teach primary, but I miss Relief Society.
46. My first Atlanta Braves game was just over 2 hours long. I missed a whole inning going to get a hot dog.
47. I was Seminary President my senior year of high school.
48. I was on Student Council my freshman and senior years of high school.
49. The year I was a senior in high school, Homecoming had to be rescheduled after a foot of snow fell in 24 hours.
50. I regret not taking at least 1 class inn Arabic at BYU.
51. I'm glad I took a semester of Latin.
52. Birds make me nervous.
53. I can nap on airplanes, but not at home with the TV on.
54. Clint can sleep at home with the TV on, but not on airplanes.
55. I wore braces for two years.
56. When I got my braces off, the only person I told in advance was my mom.
57. The night before I got my braces off, I had a dream that no one noticed my new look.
58. When my brother got his braces off, he didn't tell anyone in advance either. It took me at least 10 minutes to notice when I next saw him.
59. I got chicken pox Easter Sunday when I was in 6th grade.
60. I did home school in 6th and 8th grade.
61. I did independent study PE classes in high school.
62. I got my ears pierced when I was 12, after my dad gave me his permission as a birthday gift.
63. I haven't been able to do a somersault without feeling dizzy since I got glasses.
64. I was so nervous the first time I met Clint's family that I almost made myself sick.
65. I locked myself out of the house during one of Clint's recent trips. I had to wait until his flight landed to get back in the house. It was after 1 AM when I finally made it inside.
66. I got my first pedicure with Amy and Tara shortly after we moved into Canterwood.
67. In 5th grade, I skipped morning recess on Fridays to go to the Library.
68. I decided I wanted to be a librarian in 3rd grade.
69. In high school, I had a different idea for a career every week. They ranged from math teacher to watch repair person to truck driver to psychologist.
70. I started college wanting to be an international politician.
71. I've worked at libraries in Alaska, Utah, South Carolina, and Georgia.
72. Growing up, I took swimming lessons in an indoor pool.
73. Growing up, Clint took swimming lessons in an outdoor pool.
74. My favorite beverage is ice cold water.
75. Even the idea of chewing ice makes me cold and drives me crazy.
76. Clint likes chewing ice.
77. I sing alto.
78. I was choir and English student of the year the year I graduated from high school.
79. Clint can only really wink with one eye. He's cute, either way.
80. Clint started college as a music major before switching to history.
81. Clint played trombone in school.
82. He played in the UGA marching band. Go Redcoats!
83. Clint loves sushi.
84. He's been to 46 states and 4 countries.
85. Clint has some crazy skills in finding open-box deals.
86. Clint speaks German.
87. He served in the Hamburg mission.
88. His favorite color is blue.
89. He has flat feet.
90. Clint makes great fajitas.
91. He is also great with grilling.
92. Clint also took Latin in college.
93. Both of our cars have manual transmission.
94. Playing Mario Kart makes me car sick.
95. In high school my favorite movie was While You Were Sleeping
96. I love Red Robins' Banzai Burger.
97. The summer after graduating from high school I worked at Moose on the Loose, a gift shop in my home town.
98. Clint worked at Hardee's in high school.
99. I participated in Model United Nations three years in high school.
100. I was a cast member in the high school musical three years in high school--Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dream Coat, How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying, and My Fair Lady.

5 comments:

thepainterfamily said...

yeah! I knew most of the facts about you my dear! (that made me so happy!) and loved reading the new (to me) ones! you guys are such a great couple! congrats on 100 posts! :)

Jared and Katy said...

Well I love ove the movie While Your Were Sleeping and I enjoyed reading everything about you! So fun!

Brandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandy said...

I loved reading about you both. I love the pics too. When did u get that pic of Clint by the cannon?? I need more pics of Curt when he was little!!!

Jennifer Ricker said...

that was really cute to read:-)
no comment on B's post - don't get me started!!