Putting the office together got me in an organizing mood, so I've gone through the upstairs pulling boxes and stashes out of the nooks and crannies where they were hiding. The problem with having a big house for a we-hope-will-grow family is the spreading. It is just so tempting to fill empty spaces. The organizing bug I've had has helped me realize (again) that I am a bit of a pack-rat. Mostly because I hate to feel unprepared--to not have something available when I want it. (You can imagine how that shapes out in the kitchen--this tendency often gets labeled as my "irrational fear of starving.")
The good news is I've made progress in de-cluttering. I've cleaned out and emptied. I've even left drawers empty when I don't have anything worthwhile in them. There are a few things left that I now have to find homes for. (What do I do with trophies and plaques from what feels like another life?)
Enough musing for now. Enjoy some pictures of the metamorphosis of the office.
Here are the before pictures (gulp!). Clint's side before:
Sarah's side of the office:
6 comments:
Sarah- I LOVE it!!! You go girl :-) I LOVE the door and trim painting!!!It adds a nice touch. I can't wait to see it in person next time we are over.
Sarah-
Your office looks great! I'm impressed. Offices are the most daunting of things to organize (in my opinion). The papers and the projects just overwhelm me. Way to go on the rest of the house too. Isn't is amazing how much stuff you accumulate once you have space? You just feel the need to fill it! :) Hope things are going well for you and that you're adjusting to work at home.
I love it too - i can see how you spent so much time in Ikea - I recognize a lot of that stuff!! I am so jealous of all of your space. As I was cleaning out Libby's closet today, I was wondering if I would find the guest closets full when we come over to your house, or if I could just bring all my crap up there for you to keep.
You guys look SO SO organized!!! It looks great, Sarah.
WOW! what a great office set-up! I love the darker trim color! Its so great (and that is no easy task painting the trim! blah!) shoot sarah, I really, really need to make a trip to Georgia! :)
WOAH, that looks so good, straight from HGtv! You're an organization inspiration!
Post a Comment