Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy birthday!



My dear Henry, Happy birthday, my dear sweet boy. All weekend and week long I've been thinking "a year ago today" thoughts. Yesterday you and I looked at the pictures from the first few days and months of your life.

You've made our lives so sweet with your loving, adventurous spirit. You're fearless, favoring going down the slide headfirst. You're loving, snuggling babies and animals and your mama and daddy. You're friendly, loving making friends and waving at people. You're adventurous, exploring the house as much as we let you, including the (not on) oven.

I wish I was the kind of mom to have written you regular, newsy letters with all of the little things you've learned and done. You'll have to be content with the snuggling, cuddling, reading, laughing mama you have. I love you, my sweet child.

Mama


4 comments:

Gaye said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! Grandma is remembering last year, too. You gave us a long wait, but you were worth it. You're such a sweet little guy...I think it is because your mama and papa love you so much. So does Grandma!

Grandma Cantrell said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! Grandma Rosemary isn't really your grandma, but she loves your cute smile when she makes silly faces at you! Have a very fun birthday!

Krista said...

Happy Birthday you special little boy!! We sure love you and are sure you were spoiled just right on your special day! Hugs and kisses from all of us!
The Mullins Gang

Cambria said...

So cute! Love the classic cow picture and the sweet message, he sure is lucky!