Sunday, September 25, 2011

Six months




Henry turned six months old this week. I can't get enough of him. He's a friendly, people person in a reserved sort of way. Taking him out in my arms or the baby carrier is the best way to interact with the nicest people, or at least the nicest parts of people. He takes a minute to warm up to new faces, but then can hardly stop smiling and flirting. He's cautious with his laughs unless he's tired. He is studious and deliberate in examining--and tasting--new things. He loves his mama and daddy, and saves the biggest, readiest smiles for us. He's had the two bottom teeth for nearly a month and loves to chew on anything he can get his hands on and his mouth around. He hates to be left alone even for a minute, and isn't a fan of being on his tummy. But he still can't roll back to his back, although he's awfully close. He started pushing up with his arms a week or two ago, and between that and the enthusiastic frog-leg kicking, unintentionally moves back when he is on his belly. So we've reached the stage where I put him to bed in one corner of the crib and later find him wedged in the opposite corner, stopped from his progression by the sides of the crib. He's getting better again at sleeping at night. Naps during the day are still a struggle for both of us, and I end up holding him for the nap as often as I can to get him to actually sleep. Thankfully, he's over the worst of his "I hate the car" phase. And his out-grow-clothes-every-six-weeks streak may also be at an end., although he's in twelve to eighteen month clothes, depending on the brand. His thighs get approving comments frequently, and his belly makes it impossible for him to wear tee-shirts instead of onesies; when I do put him in a tee-shirt, I spend all day pulling it down or it spends all day around his armpits. We have "grandma kisses" nearly every day; I'll kiss him for my mom, and for Clint's mom, and for my grandmas, and then say that he'll get angel kisses from his other grandmas. I love this boy ... to the moon and back, more than biscuits and gravy, always, all ways, and forever.






2 comments:

Grandma Cantrell said...

He's everything you described - and then some. Boy, does he love to flirt with the "grandmas" in Relief Society!

Cambria said...

So cute! You're so blessed with your little boy!